Sunday, October 8, 2017

Wet Duck

So this weekend, we had the annual International Festival. Which is basically a really festive set up at the local park with several tents displaying different cultures and whatnot. You receive a passport and you go around to each tent learning about each land and of course, we try to go every year. This years main focus was Finland. Which I was not really interested in learning about and don't think I remembered anything from the festival about Finland. I went with my boyfriend and two brothers and we brought along my puppy, Yuki.
Well, anyways, this festival is taking place right around the corner in town and anyone and everyone tries to be there and it is ridiculous on how many old friends you run into. You ever see someone and wish you hadn't? Yeah, me too. Well, you had to play nice anyways when they approached you. I ran into co-workers, school mates, old neighbors, etc. If you didn't know anything about me before, please know that I am not very good at small talk. It is not being I do not like you, sometimes. It is because I am a very awkward person like talking to me in person is like trying to communicate with a duck at the lake. It isn't gonna go well. I do apologize in advance if you were the poor unfortunate soul who tried to walk up to me and start a conversation. I'll tell you guys now, it only lasted about five minutes before one of us walked off. Most of the time it was me, getting away saying I needed to find a good place for food cause my brother's are hungry as an excuse. I strongly dislike talking to people in person but I love going out to new places and doing things. Weird, I know. And to make things worse, there was a slight chance of rain and it did. Once I got there, it began pouring like the tornado was planning on hitting us. My dog pretty much shivered the whole time. If she wasn't so small, I could've gotten her a doggie raincoat. My boyfriend wasn't even into all of that jazz and just wanted to try all the foreign foods. So my experience was pretty bad this year but on the bright side, we did enjoy some bomb ass Cambodian food and a fruit bouquet from my Hispanic friends.
Just something to share with you guys.
- Restoring Asians

No comments:

Post a Comment

Te echo de menos

When I was growing up, I use to live with both of my parents but I only really hung out with one of them. My father. He always took my broth...